Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

I had a crazy meeting this evening with my living passionately seminar group. The habit in me wants to make 2 of them wrong, and me right - this is also the victim in me. No service here.

So what happened and what I heard can be two entirely different items. Let's start with what I heard.

I was talking about how I was feeling sad that I would have no one buying me anything special for Valentine's Day. It was all fine. I asked for homework and I was given the job to view every man whom I meet this week as great. When I meet a man my perspective is that he is great.

The Mid-wife and early retired multi-millionaire decided that the problem was being sugar coated. This is where I start to get really confused and really emotional. What Nick heard was the mid-wife beginning to talk about my business and that it got mixed in with my ability to create a relationship. What I heard was that if I want to meet someone who is a go-getter and successful in business then I have to be that myself. The mid-wife said that I was not that.

She then asked me what my back-up plan was for myself if my business fails. I was in shock. I had no back-up plan. I responded with, "I believe so absolutely that my business is going to be a success that it has not even occurred to me that this would not happen for me."

By this time, I was clearly upset. Someone had to get me tissues.

She said that there are 3 key elements in creating a business. Two of them are the ability to accept credit cards and location. She continued to point out that right now I do not have 2 of these. So my business is not successful.

I was in shock again. I did not take it well. I pointed out that yes I have had low days of sales and yes I do not have the ability to accept credit cards. However, I put into action last week steps to change this. Steps of working towards the future, the summer and all along the journey creating absolutely the best business I can.

I am not Ya Ms. But. I am a doer. I am putting my words into action. I am making my life happen. I do not take well to people who "play" the devil's advocate, becuase they are not playing, they really are the the devil's advocate. I do not have space in my life for people who do not support me. Nor do I need people to say all squishy sweet things to make me feel good. I need people who are going to see the obstacles and assist me in finding a route through them or around them.

The early retired multi-millionaire suggested that I was being deperate and needy with men, then the mid-wife said I was being like this with my business. So basically they said that I was being desperate and needy, putting my life on hold until I met someone, and I was sugar coating everything.

I am still upset with these comments. I feel like I get very defensive about this desperate and needy and putting my life on hold comments.

Yes, there are certain aspects to being an adult that I thought I would experience and share with a partner. Well, I don't have a partner, but I have still experienced these things. I have taken so much on in my life. I have done and accomplished so much with my dreams and goals, and I have done it on my own. I am the furthest thing from putting my life on hold. I have already lived 3 lifetimes in my experiences in everything but love. In love.... well, yes, this is an area where I have not really felt and experienced what I hope to experience. Yes, this does hurt sometimes. Yes, I talk about it when it hurts.... no, I do not talk about it when I am feeling good. So, I bring up relationships tonight for the first time with my group and the conclusion that two of them decide on is that I am desperate, needy, putting my life on hold, and my business is not successful.

So on to the great things. I left the meeting crying. I was truly upset and I still get upset when I think about it. I walked along the ocean and listened to my Gremlin and watched the full moon. I went to the water and crouched on a rock.

I asked the universe for help. I contemplated that I was doing the wrong thing, that my business was not the path for me, that I was heading in the wrong direction. Then I asked the Universe for a CLEAR sign that the path I am taking is correct; that my business is going to be successful; that I will be successful; that I will achieve the capital to start the summer business plans; that this is just another obstacle on the path to success.

I sat there in silence.

My text beeper went off. I opened up my phone. It said "Yes".

Crazy. It was from Brent. I texted him two days ago... I don't know what he is responding to.

I got up from the beach, and was on the path when my text beeper went off. I opened up the phone, it said "Yes" again.

Strange. I got back to my van and my text beeper went off again. It said "Yes" again.

Now I am smiling and laughing. I texted back, "R U Sure?".

A little while later when I was driving my text beeper went off again. It said, "Yes".

Then it went off a fifth and sixth time and it said "Yes".

Six times I got the "Yes" message.

Crazy. Very Clear. Very, very clear.

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home