Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Can single women be friends with men?




I went to a Candle in the Sun Gathering this evening. It was great... a group of people being led through a meditation which guides us to our true power and our manifestation abilities. I of course, focussed on creating a loving, strong, respectful, trusting relationship with a man who is also my best friend and lover. Yadda yadda yadda.


There was a very cute man there called Cory. I know him from a few years back when we both worked at Bikram's Yoga. Then I saw him again this summer at the Vancouver Folk Festival. He did not remember me at the Folk Fest and Ian, the meditation leader, was there and introduced us.

So, tonight when Cory was there, we caught each others eyes. He smiled. He caught my eye again, and he smiled again. (I was not a total insecure bitch, I did smile at him).

At the end of the evening he approached me, and we had a fantastic conversation. We were both very engaged, curious and focussed. He did not remember me from anything... he said I looked "familiar". I told him who I was and how he knew me. Then he recalled.

In the summer, Ian wanted me to connect with Cory because we were both single and aware people. Cory had my business card and never called. I had no attachments to it. It was what it was.

Then tonight Cory told me he still had my card. I said, "oh". Then he immediately said that he was in a relationship. I said, "congratulations." He told me that he noticed me and that he was really drawn towards my energy and that I radiated. I said, "Thank You."

Then it was weird.

I find it so strange. Men either totally connect with me, and immediately they have to mention they are in a relationship. Or, men are totally disengaged.

Why is it not possible to have an engaging conversation or friendship with a man who is in a relationship?

Are single women really that much of a threat?

I was feeling really good... but, then I felt kind of crappy driving home.

I use to have tons of male friends... now, not so much. They have gone into relationships, and it is weird. It is so strange.

I would love to be friends with some guys.... authentically be friends with them. No strings attached.
live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home