Sunday, January 08, 2006

Enlightenment at 4:52pm

I think the Grandpa letter is weird.

I went to a great party with so many hot, good looking men. WOW!!!!!

I finally met the infamous Lino - I told him he was infamous. He is my close friend Jenn's older brother's best friend. Lino was very cute...

I also met a man in the parkade this morning. We saw each other as we drove looking for parking. then we parked, we chatted briefly, then I left for the forum. In the evening when I got back to my car, he had left a note under my windshield wiper blade with "Call Me, Derek..." and his number.

Plus, Nick the DJ from New Years emailed me this a couple of days ago:

" Hey there

I promised myself that i would stop collecting people's email and
phone #s and not doing anything with them.Oh it's Nick from the new
years partay.I hope you had a good time,your friend Nick reminds me of
a friend of mine.Anyhoo i'm playing at Club 23 west cordova this sat.I
think i'm starting the nite off so i'm on 11:00 -12:45am.i would love
to see you there and if not just give me a quick hello.people who
love to dance should stay in touch.gotta go talk to you soon.
Nmd "

I judged this email as being non-direct and weak. I did not respond and tonight is Saturday. I thought Nick was great.... but, this email does not grab me. If anyone reads my blogs, please comment and give me advice. I am totally frozen on this one.

There is also Ryan who is in the Forum this weekend. He is a very cute 33 year old.... who dresses and looks like he is 24. He is great. He likes me, he seeks me out on breaks, he looks at me a lot. He is very nice. There are two reasons I am dodgy of him. He is the forum to help heal his relationship from his ex-girlfriend of 4 years whom he broke up with 5 months ago. And, he is not quite a man yet. He is still deciding what he wants to do with his life. He has been a forest fire fighter for 11 years. He takes every winter to snowboard. This is sexy and great for someone in their early to mid-twenties... but, this is not a quality I seek in a life partner.

So many men.... so many options. The competition is tough. It is like I am on a dating show, and I have to constantly eliminate in order open the door for more. I am open to men, but I also want to be patient with the process of finding the right one without being judgemental. And I feel totally judgemental about some of these guys.

Maybe enlightenment will strike me at 4:52pm tomorrow and this will all be very clear.

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home