Monday, January 02, 2006

2006

My New Years was terrific. I had a great time. Some weird moments with men who do not listen and then pout when they do not get their way. There were some tough couples arguing moments, where the women and the men could not agree on what to do. And, these are the times that I am so glad that I am not in a relationship.

It took me 2 hours, but I finally ended up at a party at 568 Hawkes Street in a loft. It was great. There were 3 different djs playing. They were all fantastic. I danced for 3 hours. I love to dance. It is such a release for me. I definately do not dance enough.

I read about 50 pages from each of these books tonight: "Why Men Love Bitches" and "Mars and Venus on a date". I learned a lot. Wow. So basically, I just have to make it really tough for men. Then they will really want me.

This is probably why Brent and I are still together after 4 months! It is crazy. Of course, we are still in the dating phase, I don't think we have even reached uncertainty, and we are definately not exclusive.

I got hit on a lot tonight. It was out of control. My friend Nick - tonight was the first time we have ever hung out - was giving me the I-am-hot-vibes. It may have worked but he was also very, very high on ecstacy. I got asked out three times today - Nick, Dave and a second Nick.

Nick called me about 3 hours after he asked me out in panic, becuase he just started dating another woman.

Dave was nice, but definately a wuss. He could not take his eyes off of me. He figured out I was a vegetarian. I asked him where he would take me on a first date, he said Gotham Steakhouse. I asked if he could come up with better than that... and he really struggled. I told him a solid no.

The second Nick was very nice. He was one of the djs tonight. He is.... I don't think he is my type. He has that skinny, pale I-party-too-much look about him.

So my New Years Resolutions.

I am going to be happy to be me this year. I am doing great. Everthing in my life is fantastic. This is the best time of my life and I am so lucky to be experiencing this. I am so excited to be at this moment in my life and time. There is so much for me to learn, and so many people to meet, and so much to experience.

No more pouty times and poopy attitude.

To help me accomplish and recognize my happiness... I am cutting alcohol out of my diet. I am also going to stop biting my nails. I am going to save my money and not spend it. I am going to reconnect with friends... I am going to make more one on one time with a variety of people. I am going to take self-improvement courses. I am going to really recognize my own greatness and uniqueness. I am going to celebrate my independence.

2006 is going to be a great year.

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home