Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of a Decade

I am entering a new year, a new decade, double digits and teens. It is a full moon and a blue moon on the last day of the year.

Life feels random and mixed up right now.

This morning I had a great yoga class in the morning at 7am. A 20 minute sauna after in the infra-red sauna, I showered with my new Christmas Occitane Travel Shampoo and Apres-Shamoo (which confuses me because I keep putting the Apres in my hair first because I read the word shampoo and I don't translate the Apres). I cried in the shower at the public yoga studio. Is that tacky?

Then I drove out of my way to JJBean on Davie & Homer. The tall bearded Emo Barista greated me - which confused me because I've never spoken to the Barrista before. We chatted about how this morning felt like not quite a holiday and not quite a work day type of day. It was quiet.

I went to the Maritime Museum with Link. It was lightly raining today and it was grey. I walk listening to my iPod, Link runs around off leash. We carefully approach a man with two dogs. Then this Boudoir Dog approaches and doesn't listen to the owner calling him. The owner approaches from another direction. His dog attacks my dog. My dog is screaming. I dropped my JJ Bean Latte trying to rescue my dog. Link runs to the witness who is telling the Boudoir Dog Owner to get his dog on a leash. Then I just lose my shit on this guy and I threw my empty Latte Cup at him. WTF!!! Who does that?! What mature adult throws their empty latte cup at the person whose dog attacked their dog at the dog park on the beach in December in Vancouver.

I am left with a relatively good chuckle after this episode.

Then later today there was another dog catastrophe where Bella who was visiting Link at the store. Grabbed his bone and ran and ran and ran into the street. It was a nightmare. She ran across the street in the dark in front of car and Link followed and it was absolutely horrible.

I walked into the store only to be told 2 minutes later on the phone that Michelle Lang died today in a car side bombing in Afghanistan.

Then it is weird. Then Life changes.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home