Friday, April 13, 2007

Attention is Attention


Wow, it has been months!! What a fall and winter it has been.

I opened a store... and it is really fantastic!! It is gorgeous and great and just really super special.

I also fell in love.

What a shocker. Who would have thought. And, he is in love with me. What a bigger shocker.

The last several months have been amazing and challenging. I feel so blessed to know this man. He is a dream. Everything I wanted in a man he is - except he is a little shorter than I would have pictured my dream man to be. Oh well.

We are doing long distance and today is the first time we have seen each in other 19 days. This amount of time apart was a real challenge. He was on a boat out of communication range. He got in a bad avalanche and was very shaken up this experience.

There was not much I could do being in Vancouver and not really hearing from him. So I read a few books on relationships. It was very good for me to do some deep research like this. I also pulled some info off the internet on doing a LDR - short for 'Long Distance Relationship'. So I learned that I can not be needy or winey or demanding or emotional. So, I can state what I want, if nothing changes then the best avenue is to just ignore him.

And, it works. Wow. It would be so simple - if only I had not been wailing the three nights before he returned to Van. But, I guess I got all the crying out of my system and I have cursed tons under my breath during the past couple of weeks and I did go a little nut bar. According to the books these are all normal reactions in regards to how little we talked, we had no plans to look forward to and he was doing whatever he wanted in regards to time and I had to bend.

I was so happy to see him - even though I had been so angry. But, I played hard. After this fabulous lunch/early dinner at Card's I laid down my declaration of what I want - that was that. Strangely he seemed to go for it.

My advice for women. If he is being a dick then just ignore him. Negative attention is the same as positive attention for men - attention is attention. So give them no attention and they humbling become your servent.

Hmph!


live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home