Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Coincidental

An interesting story to tell.

I was at the video store last night on a mission to rent "Born into Brothels" (very, very good movie). While I was looking I noticed a tall, good looking man. He had blue eyes, short brown hair, and a nice overall even beard stubble. I did look at him; he looked at me. I am playing this game now which is I smile at men when I catch them looking at me. It is a fun game. I used to turn away and stick my nose in the air pretending I was gorgeous and too good for the likes of them.

I eventually found my movie and I was waiting in line secretly hoping he would line up behind me. It did not happen. I left.

I was biking this morning when I saw this same guy sitting on a bench in a park. I stopped at a red light and looked back at him. He was staring at me. I called out to him, "Did I see you somewhere last night." He replied with, "Yes."

I thought I saw him at the grocery store but he told me it was the video store. He then mentioned that I left quickly the night before. I told him that I found my video... and I wish that I had added, "You could have been quicker in talking with me."

We talked for 10 minutes. I got some basic info from him. He works for the federal government and he is taking a few weeks off to study for an exam.

So I left to continued on my bike ride. I got stopped at the same red light. I waited and then just before it turned green, I turned around. He was watching me. I smiled. He smiled back.

So I get to my destination and I cannot quite get this guy off my mind. I decide to bike back along the same route with the hopes of running into him.

And as I approach the park, I get stopped by the same red light, but on the opposite side of the street. He is still sitting on the same bench. He sees me.

I bike over. He invites me to sit down. I invite him for a coffee. The compromise was that I went and bought myself a coffee and then I joined him on the bench. His name is Mike.

We talked for an hour. He is a very goodlooking guy. He is healthy, interesting, wasp and a little lost about what he wants to do with his life. He is totally not like any guys I ever talk too. He is a normal guy. One of his friends was riding by on his bike and he stopped to say hi. This group of guys are growing beards for a stag happening in July.

It was time for me to go. Mike offers me his business card. I tell him that he is actually suppose to ask me for my number. So he asks me to write my number down on his business card.

I am reading his business card and his name is very familiar. I ask him a few questions about where is from ect. I then ask him if he ever took a girl out in highschool to Earls and his car broke down in the parking lot. He said "Yes". I told him I was that girl.

Ha ha ha. We went on date 13 years ago!!!!! Wow, that is very coincidental.

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home