Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Give up.

We just had our first long weekend of summer. It was good. I walked into the weekend really wanting to see Brent and to go away with him. It happened. On Saturday night we went out on his Hurricane Zodiac to Bowen for drinks at the pub and then dinner at a restaurant. It was fun and delicous. Then we returned to Van on calm waters in the dark. We spent the night on his boat. We had sex in the evening upstairs on the coach and in the morning. I did not feel cuddled enough in the morning.

I sat outside enjoying the view waiting for him to tie up his loose ends and to plan his trip to London and Romania in the morning. I felt nothing for him. It was over for me. There is no affection or diving deep into each other. I want more than this. You can only hide behind your toys for so long.

I spent the day around town totally satisfied with my decision to let him go. Then at 7:00pm he calls... to check in or say good-by... I don't know. But it is annoying. It was right before his plane left. I take this gesture that he is interested in me. Or, is it that being a bachelor at 50 he just knows how to respect a woman and this is habit more than anything else.


live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home