Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tanning Salon Date

So after my crying fits on Friday and Saturday I managed to make it out to my roomate's school's talent show on Saturday night.

It was in this great space. The skinny, pale Vegetarian guy was working the door. He is incredibly passionate about being a vegetarian... he even designs vegetarian video games.

I was meeting a couple of friends... I did not see them when I initially walked in so I introduced myself to the only other person not talking to anyone.... James - although I introduced him as David all night. Oops.

We spoke more later. He was there scouting out talent.... something about doctors creating interesting music. He wanted to go for a smoke - I do not smoke - but he really wanted me to join him so I did.

We sat in his Mercedes for 40 minutes talking. He is interesting. The converstation was good and deep. Once inside again he kept asking me to stay or go for food. I wanted to go home to sleep so declined. Finally he asked for my telephone number.

He then said to me that he was in like with me. I barely acknowledge that. He called me on my non-reaction. And I totally got in that moment how jaded and cynical I am about men. I totally did not believe anything he said to me about how much he liked me.

He walked me to the car. I took ownership that I did not believe the feelings he was expressing. I said that it was probably was becuase I am resigned and cynical. He said again that he liked me. He hugged me, said that we were a good fit. I told him I was flattered but consistancy says more to me.

He called left a message about how successful men are consistant. He also stated that he missed me.

He called me the next morning to ask me for brunch. I declined becuase I had already eaten. Then he asked me if I wanted to go tanning. I asked "to the beach?" He said "No, a tanning salon. I know a really good one."

Um.

I declined. Brent looked really good again. Funny how all of these men always make Brent look better.

James also said that he was going to call me last night and he did not.

So another weirdo.


live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home