Monday, March 13, 2006

Discovering my embarrassement.

The defination of insane is doing the same action repeatedly and expecting a different result.

I was feeling overwhelmed until someone pointed out to me that I create being overwhelmed in order to avoid taking responsibility.... ya, I was nailed.

So if I am unable to hide in being overwhelmed where does this leave me? It leaves me in a position to take action and responsibility.

I have to write a one minute speech on an embarrasing moment. I need help with this one. Do I choose a surface embarrassing moment... like I I said something at the wrong time. Do I choose a body function.... like I farted in public and it stunk. Or, do I choose something that is deeply embarrasing to the point that I am so totally embarrassed by it that I have never told another human...

I have to get up front of a large room of people to talk about this embarrassing moment... so do I choose one that in the end I still look good because I don't want to look bad. And this would be being inauthentic.

I am going to brainstorm 20 embarrassing moments.

I was embarrassed when ......
1. After the Yoga Teacher and I had bad sex.
2. When the Doctor told me he was returning to his ex-girlfriend.
3. My first date with Brent and I had no idea what to wear.
4. When the stockbroker told me he liked my friend directly after our intense grind session.
5. Sweaty crotch marks in Yoga.
6. Unable to get up into hand stand in Yoga when I was being partnered with the hottest man ever.
7. Getting caught talking to myself in my car by pedestrians.
8. Vagina quifs during yoga or sex.
9. Biting my nails.
10. Talking about someone.
11. Being negative.
12. Losing my van keys when I was high on mushrooms and having to stay at these guy's house for 2 nights while I waited for new keys to be couriered to me from the city.
13. Having my period blood gush out in a waterfall during yoga.
14. Getting caught with food stuck in my teeth.
15. Giving bad head.
16. A bad make-out session.
17. Highschool.
18. Getting angry about something small or big.
19. Crying in public.
20. Crying at work.
21. Whining.
22. The state of bedroom when it gets messy.
23. When my bathroom is dirty.
24. The amount of money I spend on clothes.
25. Putting my sister down and being mean to her when I was younger.
26. Being selfish and arrogant.
27. Falling off of the train in Delhi.
28. Punching the Indian.
29. Putting the Indian down when I found out he could not read.
30. Having a temper tantrum in the Delhi trainstation.


live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home