Wednesday, June 07, 2006

We like you.

Summer is here.... and I am loving it. I am on my bike and cruising around town - sometimes with a mission and sometimes justb because.

I figured out my story about men. My ultimate story... the one I could not shake. The story that my life was totally screwed because of.... it is this:

My life is screwed because men don't like me and I will never fall in love.

Ouch.

This is the story that played over and over again for me. I wrote it out in a notebook for 20 minutes then I read it to this woman a few times.... getting choked up and crying at some points. I could not shake it. I totally believed it. Finally I stood up in front of a hundred people and I stated, "My life is screwed because men don't like me."

All the men responded back with a very loud "We like you."

I yelled back, "No, no. You don't get it. My life is screwed becuase men don't like me."

The men yelled back, "WE LIKE YOU."

I yelled back with perfect exageration, "NO YOU"RE NOT LISTENING. MY LIFE IS SCREWED BECAUASE MEN DON'T LIKE ME."

And of course they responded back with a louder than ever, "WE LIKE YOU."

I was laughing at this point and I totally got how stupid my story was. And, it was gone.

For the rest of the weekend, I had men coming up to me, looking me in the eye and saying, "I like you."

Everytime I felt special and liked.

It looks like Brent is back from Romania. I got a text message from him this evening.

I really want to share with him. I want to tell him my story. That I believed so strongly that men did like me that when men do nice and thoughtful things for me I am trying to figure out what they want from me. They must want something if they are being nice.

This attitude really does not create a safe or caring space for a relationship to blossom. I really want to share with him and apologize.

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. choose with no regret. laugh. do what you love.

0 Your Words:

Post a Comment

<< Home